Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Starving Games

The Starving Games

At the beginning of my grant, I made a pact with my roommate Eliza that we would try living, at least initially, without internet in our home. Our thinking was that we would have plenty of time for activities that we otherwise would not have time for were we at home browsing the internet.

Left alone with our thoughts, we must discover who we are without wifi and smartphones.

While waiting for a taxi one evening, I saw a small outdoor stand selling DVDs for a dollar. Intrigued, I flipped through an array of ridiculous titles. I indulged.

For the total price of $1.10, "The Starving Games," came home with me.

As someone who enjoys, "The Hunger Games," I decided that I would expand my horizons.

I watch as President Snowball, decorated with animated devil horns, introduces the games. Kantmiss cheers as her sister is chosen, and severed limbs fight to the death as Kantmiss, who has finally volunteered as tribute, uses a fire extinguisher to dominate fireballs flying from the sky.

Here is a picture of some tributes collecting tasty spoils from a piƱata:


I wait for the movie to improve, but it never does.

Who am I without internet? I am someone who watches, "The Starving Games," straight through, despite the fact that it might be one of the worst movies I have ever seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment