Monday, September 29, 2014

Clare vs Mosquito Round 1

28 September 2014

Clare vs. Mosquitos
Round 1


A teacher at my school loves to tell me that there is only one mosquito living in my house, he just simply has a lot of friends.

Dear mosquito (and friends), today we go to war.

I've got my game face ready.



Arena 1: My Bedroom.


My Tactics:

First, I hang my mosquito net from the wall. Walls here are made of cement, so I use duct tape to complete this project.

Second, I spray 100% DEET on my legs and feet before bed. I am not yet ready to spray my face/neck, even though these areas are attacked regularly.

Third, I buy a general mosquito plug-in.

Here are my supplies:


Effectiveness:

The mosquito net falls every night when I tangle myself in it.
Clare: 0   Mosquito: 1

The bug spray involves a lot of harsh chemicals, but my feet and legs survive the night without receiving new bites. I might end up with cancer, but for now, I'm itch-free.
Clare: .5   Mosquito: .5

I have no idea how this plug-in works. Also, I tried to buy replacement inserts, and instead of inserts, they were just sheets of paper that I *think* I am supposed to light on fire. Again, I have no idea. Finally, I have only one outlet in my bedroom, so using this every night for mosquitos when I have other devices to charge is not practical.
Clare: 0    Mosquito: 1


Total Score:
Clare: .5      Mosquito: 2.5


Such is life.

Here is a photo of where I tried to tape the net to my wall:


I am committed to continuing and doubling my efforts in the future. Please stay tuned for round two. From what I hear, I can buy a tennis racket with an electrical current designed to allow me to chase mosquitos, and I can think of no better pastime.

No comments:

Post a Comment